Welcome

My name is Delia and I am currently a junior in high school in Wisconsin. For the spring semester of this year I will be going to Panama for six months with AFS. I will try to keep this blog as updated with my adventures as I can, so be sure to visit often. If you have any questions or want to get in touch with me please comment or feel free to email me (look under my profile for the address). Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

contemplations

Although it may be hard to believe as I attempt to make it through each sluggish day of school, time is definitely flying by faster than I think. Not only is it December already (how did that happen?!) but it has been more than a month since I got accepted into the AFS-Panama program. Regardless that I do not know my exact date of departure yet (it will be sometime towards the end of February), my remaining days in Madison are certainly numbered.

I don't think the fact that I will be living in a very different world in less than three months has hit me yet, at least not fully. I got a huge handbook in the mail last week which talks about everything you'd ever want to know about going abroad with AFS. That started making things feel more real, but I don't think the reality will hit me more full-on until February gets closer and things such as getting placed with a family and pre-departure orientation occur.

I will update as more information comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment