Welcome

My name is Delia and I am currently a junior in high school in Wisconsin. For the spring semester of this year I will be going to Panama for six months with AFS. I will try to keep this blog as updated with my adventures as I can, so be sure to visit often. If you have any questions or want to get in touch with me please comment or feel free to email me (look under my profile for the address). Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

the beginning

For the past two years I have been thinking, dreaming, wanting, and working with AFS Intercultural Programs on doing a foreign exchange to Panama the spring semester of my junior year (next semester). This summer I spent hours writing essays, filling out forms, and completing interviews in order to get my application in on time in the fall. A little over a month ago, I submitted my application. Yesterday, I got an email from AFS-USA telling me that they had accepted me and had sent my application off to AFS-Panama. They told me it could take up to 6 weeks for Panama to get back to me about my status. Today, one day later, AFS-Panama emailed me with acceptance from them. I can't remember the last time I've had so many feelings hit me at once.....I am overjoyed, anxious, and yet all of this feels so unreal. I still need to be placed with a host family, which I may not find out until only a month before I leave, but I am scheduled to leave in less than four months.

I am so excited for this journey to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment